I don’t really feel like this needs an intro. I mean just look at the picture.
I’m not really a huge savory baker but this is one that I’d change my ways for. This recipe and photos are courtesy of my good friend and pizza connoisseur, Leslie Darden.
This is the perfect appetizer for football games, holiday parties, or when you have friends over to watch whatever trashy reality shows you’re into.
Recipe via The Sweets Life blog
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 2 pounds pizza dough (try 2 balls of Trader Joe’s fresh pizza dough)
- 6 ounces of mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes (about 48 pieces)
- Pepperoni slices (48 slices)
- 2-3 cups of marinara sauce for serving
- In a small saucepan, heat garlic and butter over medium heat until garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat and allow to sit. Brush the inside of the Bundt pan with some of the garlic butter mixture.
- Pull off large, marble size balls of dough and flatten. Place a slice of pepperoni and cube of cheese in each. Fold dough around the pepperoni and cheese and pinch to seal.
- Brush the pizza ball with the butter and place in the Bundt pan. Continue until all the dough has been used.
- Cover and allow to sit for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400F and bake for 35 minutes, until top is browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Flip Bundt pan upside down and release monkey bread on a serving plate.