Being healthy doesn’t HAVE to suck.
To all the girls who resist tasty temptations Monday-Thursday so they can binge eat/drink on the weekends…this one’s for you.
These are a great way to beat the evening cravings for ice cream, Oreos, Doritos dipped in queso, or whatever your vice may be. The only caloric ingredient in these is a cup of sugar but the recipe makes about 40 cookies. So that’s like what..a teaspoon of sugar in each one..maybe less? Make these on a Monday and fight your cravings all week!
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 200F. Line two baking sheets with foil.
- With a mixer, beat egg whites until frothy. Add in vinegar and continue beating until soft peaks form.
- Increase speed to high and gradually beat in sugar. Keep beating until it appears glossy. Add in vanilla.
- Remove half of the meringue into another bowl. Stir in cocoa.
- Spoon both meringue mixes onto the lined foil, about a tablespoon per scoop.
- Bake for 3 hours, or until meringues are dry all the way through. Turn off oven and leave meringues in for another hour.
- Eatttt! …and make sure you store in an airtight container.