It’d been awhile since I’d made a pound cake so I consulted my sources (Jordan Puckett’s mom) and got a deliciousssss recipe. It makes enough for two loaf pans or you can use one bundt pan. I like pound cake that’s really dense and buttery rather than airy and this recipe did not disappoint.
- 1 8 ounce cream cheese (softened)
- 3 sticks margarine (softened)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- A pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Butter and flour two 9×3 inch loaf pans or 1 bundt pan
- Cream together cream cheese, margarine and sugar
- Add eggs, salt, vanilla and flour
- Pour mix into pans
- Bake 75 minutes (for two loaf pans) or 90 min (for a bundt pan)
- Let cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan
- To store wrap in plastic wrap then cover with tin foil.