My mom and I make these chocolate covered pretzels around Christmas time every year and put them in pretty holiday tins to give to neighbors, family, friends…aka anyone who eats food.
These are easy to make and you can have fun with the different flavors. I really like the white chocolate peppermint ones but there are tons of other toppings to choose from like Oreo, Butterfinger, Heath Bar, etc. Go crazy.
- 1 lb bag of tiny twist pretzels
- 1/2 cup crushed candy (for coating, I used peppermint sticks)
- 1 bag white chocolate
- 1 bag milk chocolate
- Fill a saucepan with 2 cups of water, bring to a boil
- Crush the candy into tiny pieces (I put the candy canes into a plastic freezer bag and crushed with a mallet)
- Put one flavor of chocolate into a heat proof bowl and place over saucepan (Google “homemade double boiler” if you’re confused right now)
- Mix chocolate continuously until it’s completely melted and has a thin consistency.
- Remove bowl from heat and dip pretzels into the chocolate, coat them in the chocolate then tap excess chocolate off
- Place chocolate covered pretzel on parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy on the pretzels
- Repeat steps 1-7 for the other flavor of chocolate
- Let pretzels cool at room temperature for about an hour