It’s finally warm outside! Yahoooooo!
Let’s celebrate with some Pineapple Upside Down Cake. It’s amazing and moist and just so, so pretty.
Here’s to enjoying the warm weather and having a great bikini body this season…uhhh wait a second…
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 9 slices pineapple (canned pineapple in juice is best)
- 9 maraschino cherries without stems
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350F
- Melt butter and pour into a 9-inch square baking pan.
- Evenly spread brown sugar over the melted butter.
- Arrange pineapple slices over butter/sugar mixture. Put a cherry in the center of each pineapple hole.
- Combine and mix the remaining ingredients. Beat with an electric mixer at medium/high speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter over pineapples.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Immediately place a heat proof serving plate on top of the baking pan (see picture)…then turn plate and pan over.
- Leave the pan over the cake for 10 minutes to let the brown sugar and pineapple juices soak into the cake.
- Remove the pan and ENJOY 🙂