Tickets purchased for the midnight showing of Batman? Check.
Themed cookies for the event? Check.
These are a little time-consuming to make…but so, SO worth it.
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- Black food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add in the baking powder, salt, egg, milk, vanilla and slowly add drops of the food coloring until you get your desired color.
- Slowly add in flour. Mix until fully incorporated. (Add in more food coloring if needed to reach desired color).
- Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes.
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out dough. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes.
*If desired, wait until cookies cool completely and line edges with colored frosting.