This is a great recipe to have on hand because it can really be used for any type of fruit crisp. I generally make fruit crisps when I have a lot of one type of fruit left over and need to use them before they start to go bad. It’s a great dessert in the fall and kinda just warms the soul, ya know?
- 5 cups sliced, peeled cooking apples (pears, peaches, or apricots also work)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Mix together fruit and sugar in a large bowl. Transfer to a 2 quart square baking dish.
- In another bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, nutmeg and cinnamon. Add in the butter in small chunks. Mix together until it resemble coarse crumbs. Stir in the pecans.
- Sprinkle topping over the fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes. Top with ice cream and serve 🙂