I get that it’s an odd combination but let’s be honest, everything is better with bacon.
These are surprisingly amazing and have that whole sweet and salty thing going on. They taste like breakfast in cookie form. DELISH.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 1/2 sticks of butter (1 1/4 cups) at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup of bacon, broken into small pieces (save the 1/4 cup for garnish)
- Maple Syrup (for icing)
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar (for icing)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (for icing)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- In a mixer, cream together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture into the mixer.
- Mix until fully incorporated.
- Fold in a cup of the bacon pieces.
- Spoon dough out on baking sheets (I did about 2 tablespoons for each cookie)
- Bake for 7 minutes
- Let cook completely
- For icing: Mix together powered sugar, maple syrup and cinnamon until you get a consistency that you can drizzle on top of cookies
- Put about a teaspoon on each cookie and then garnish with remaining bacon bits
- Let the icing set for about 10 minutes