These black bean brownies are full of protein, gluten-free and a great substitute for real brownies. I like this recipe because they’re really moist and pureeing the beans in the food processor makes them much more “brownie like.”
Enjoy these and flaunt that hot beach body all summer long 🙂
- 2 cups canned black beans (a little over 1 can)
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease an 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- In a food processor, combine the beans and eggs. Puree until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the bean/egg purée with the rest of the ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into the baking pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let cool completely before cutting and serving.