Summer is over BUTT Fall is here so I can bake with pumpkin.
Chocolate. Pumpkin. Shortbread. All combined into a perfect little bar of heaven.
Oh and look, there’s the official taste tester, Katie, doing what she does best (in style with a matching jacket):
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 3/4 sticks softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cream the butter and sugars. Slowly add in flour and salt until dough forms. Press into the bottom of an 8×8 inch baking dish that’s been lined with foil and sprayed with cooking spray.
2. For the pumpkin layer: mix pumpkin, sugar, cream, eggs, cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined. Pour over shortbread layer. Bake for 45 minutes or until pumpkin layer is golden brown.
3. Let cool for 30 minutes then cut into bars. Melt chocolate over a double broiler or in microwave until smooth then spread over bars. Serve room temperature or chill until ready to serve.