Cake cookies! These are a hybrid of a cookie and a slice of cake..moist and fluffy at the same time. YUM.
I love these because you can really taste the fresh strawberry flavor and they’re just so darn pretty.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup of chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350F
- With a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy
- Add in the strawberries, egg and vanilla. Mix completely.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and cream of tartar. Add this mix to the wet ingredients.
- Put a tablespoon size amount dough on baking sheet (make sure you flatten with a fork) and bake for 8 minutes. *For decoration, push a small slice of strawberry on top of every cookie.
- Remove and let cookies cool for 20 minutes