This is my first chocolate pie, ever. When I’m making something for the first time I try to get recipes from friends or family as opposed to cookbooks. This recipe came from a good friend’s grandmother so I knew it would be good..and it was.
It was super gooey and chocolatey and delicious and I may have eaten half the pie..in one sitting. Enjoy and please try to show some restraint when consuming.
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1/4 cup butter (1/2 of a stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pecans (roughly chopped)
- Pie crust (I used a pre-made frozen one)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Blend together all ingredients, putting in the pecans last
- Pour into pie shell
- Bake for 40-45 minutes (If you want to decorate the top with pecans then remove pie 35 minutes into cooking, place pecans on top, then put back in oven and cook for another 10 minutes)
- Let cool for at least 2 hours, store in the fridge and serve chilled!