So, red velvet cake is kind of my favorite thing, ever…in life.
My birthday cakes are always red velvet, my wedding cake will be red velvet..I will name my first-born child Red Velvet. IT’S THAT SERIOUS.
And so, from my odd obsession…red velvet cookies were born. Please love, cherish and devour these little pieces of heaven like they’re your own. Okay, this is getting weird. But seriously, make these.
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- Red food coloring, liquid works better than the gel
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F
- With a mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Add in several drops of food coloring to get a deep red color.
- Slowly incorporate the rest of the ingredients (except the white chocolate chips) until completely mixed. Add more red food coloring as needed to get a deep red color.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. With the back of a spoon, flatten out the cookie dough into disks.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes