Who doesn’t love Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Seriously, if you don’t like it please leave my blog immediately and never come back.
This past weekend I went apple picking at Wilkens Farm right outside of NYC (see this post to read more about it) and came home with 10 pounds of apples. I’ve wanted to bake something with Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal for a while and this seemed like a great combination.
This is an adaptation of a recipe on Food Network and it.is.amazing. The cake is really moist and the cereal compliments the apple in the cake perfectly. Enjoy 🙂
- 1 stick plus 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled and chopped apples
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a 13×9 inch glass baking pan with 1 tablespoon of butter
- With a mixer, cream together the butter and sugar. Add in each egg slowly. Add in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix well.
- Add in the sour cream and vanilla. Mix. Slowly add in the apples with the mixer at a low-speed.
- Pour into the baking dish.
- To make the crumble: Combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, butter and half of the cereal in a small bowl. Mix until it resembles coarse crumbs. Spread evenly over the cake batter in the baking dish. Sprinkle the rest of the cereal over the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- For the glaze: Combine sugar, vanilla and warm water in a bowl. Mix until smooth. Drizzle over cake.
- Let cool for at least 40 minutes.