These are really fun, easy to make, and perfect for Halloween! One of my very best friends, Leslie Darden, made these once when we were still in college and I fell in love. Waistband Warning: Make these when you have friends around because they’re addictive and you WILL eat them ALL. The recipe below is for the circle shaped ones…the ghosts are made using a package of Nutter Butters instead of the peanut butter stuffed Ritz Crackers. Use mini chocolate chips for the eyes.
- 4 Sleeves of Ritz Crackers
- 1 Jar of Peanut Butter
- 1 12-ounce package milk chocolate chips
- 1 12-ounce package white chocolate chips
- Spread a generous amount of peanut butter on a cracker then take another (non-peanut buttered cracker) and make a sandwich.
- Repeat this until all the crackers are gone.
- Melt the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second increments (be careful you don’t burn it!), do the same for the milk chocolate chips.
- Dip your cracker sandwiches in the melted chocolates and set on a cooking sheet covered in aluminum foil or wax paper.
- Let the crackers cool completely..if you’re impatient like me, pop them in the freezer and they’ll be good to go in like 20 minutes.