Okay, well this clearly isn’t baked but I just had to dedicate a post to it.
This is a LOVE it or HATE it kind of dessert…I happen to LOVE it.
It reminds me of something that housewives in the 50’s would make for summer block parties. Almost all the ingredients are canned (crushed pineapple, fruit cocktail) or processed somehow (marshmallows, Jell-O, Cool Whip) but I’m not one of those food purists so it’s fine by me.
Have any of you ever had Ambrosia salad before? Please tell me I’m not alone on this one…
- 2 (8 ounce) containers of frozen whipped topping, thawed ( I use Fat Free Cool Whip)
- 1 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (30 ounce) can of fruit cocktail, drained (in light syrup)
- 1 (30 ounce) can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 package sugar-free pistachio pudding
- Mix everything together in a big bowl
- Refrigerate for at least an hour
- Enjoy 🙂