Yes, this happened.
First of all, I’d like to thank Oreo, Nabisco and Kraft Foods for giving us 100 years of this tasty treat. Let’s be honest, a “girls night” isn’t complete without a good romantic comedy (The Notebook, Love Actually and Wedding Crashers are my personal favorites) and a package of Double Stuff Oreos…so for all those nights I thank you.
Anyways, back to the matter at hand. You really can’t go wrong with funfetti ANYTHING so when it’s combined with Birthday Cake Oreos and Cheesecake it’s pretty much a home run.
- 1 package Birthday Cake Oreos (or any other type)
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups Funfetti Cake Mix
- Preheat oven to 250F
- Line cupcake pan with foil or paper liners
- Place one Oreo in each liner
- Mix cream cheese for 3 minutes
- Add in sugar, vanilla, eggs and sour cream. Mix until creamy.
- Add in Funfetti cake mix, mix on low-speed for 1 minute.
- Fill each cupcake liner to top with batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let them cool for about 10 minutes then put them in the fridge for about 3 hours.
Makes 18 mini cheesecakes
Happy Valentine’s Day! Making these to bring in to work tomorrow…and secretly because I’ve been dying to use these hot pink sprinkles I bought a few weeks ago 🙂
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons powered sugar
- 1/4 cup regular, white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature and cut into chunks
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 bag of white chocolate chips (for dipping cookies in)
- Sprinkles (for decoration)
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Combine all ingredients and mix well until a dough is formed
- Put dough on plastic wrap and roll into a log, refrigerate for 30 minutes
- On a flour dusted surface, remove dough from plastic wrap and roll the dough out until it’s about 1/3 inch thick
- With a sharp knife, cut dough into rectangle shapes
- Put cookies on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes…until the edges just start to brown
- Let cool for at least 30 minutes
- Melt white chocolate chips in a double boiler (check out the picture if you don’t know what this is)..making sure to constantly stir chocolate so it doesn’t burn
- Dip half of each shortbread cookie in white chocolate and place on a sheet of parchment paper
- Decorate with colored sprinkles 🙂
- Let cool for at least 20 minutes